Media Training 101 Overview
Our Media Training 101 Workshop teaches spokespersons how to deliver an effective media interview with confidence.
Through extensive on-camera training, interactive exercises, and real-life examples, our trainees leave ready to take on the toughest interviewer.
We'll teach your spokespersons how to maintain control of a media interview through focused preparation, powerful messaging, and confident delivery. In your session, your trainees will learn how to:
- Understand the rules of working with the media
- Confidently interview for print, radio and television
- Get the headline they want
- Develop messages that have impact and get used
- Use the "message support stool" to reinforce and strengthen messages
- Take control of an interview
- Bridge from reporter questions to their answers
- Spot and avoid reporters' tricks
- Identify the common pitfalls that doom interviews
- Look great on television
- Focus on non-verbal communication
- Handle a media crisis
- Interview for on-line and social media
Each workshop also includes a session called "The ATMs," in which we teach attendees how to answer the most off-topic and challenging media questions.
Prior to your session, we study the issues affecting your organization in order to develop dozens of practice interview questions directly relevant to your day-to-day life.
Everything about our approach to media training is different: our focus on ethical media training and messaging, our national broadcast journalism experience, our flat rate “no surprises” pricing, and our free post-training continuing education.
Sessions are available at your location or in our New York City or Washington, DC offices.
Click here to watch our media training video tips.