Advanced Media Training Overview
Our Advanced Media Training Workshop is designed for the experienced media spokesperson – or the beginner facing a challenging media landscape.
Our custom advanced sessions often begin with a refresher. We will work with you in advance to identify the specific areas in which you or your spokespersons would like to improve.
You can read more about our Media Training 101 Workshop to see the material we typically cover during the refresher.
We then move on to more advanced material. Our dynamic and fast-moving sessions use a combination of discussion, extensive on-camera training, interactive exercises, and real-life examples to prepare our trainees for even the toughest interviews.
In an advanced session, we can help your trainees:
- Master the most demanding media formats, such as press conferences, remote-style interviews, ambush interviews, and partisan cable news programs.
- Answer challenging and hostile questions, such as "yes or no" questions, false premise questions, "guarantee" questions, and badgering questions.
- Learn to use advanced techniques, such as advanced bridging, issue reframing, walking the ladder of abstraction, teeing up the next question, leaning into accusations, delivering more memorable sound bites, and redefining negative words.
- Navigate their personal communications challenges more effectively, such as personal quirks, counterproductive habits, or insecurities.
- Develop media communications strategies for particularly thorny topics that expose their companies or organizations to reputational risk.
Prior to your session, we will study the issues affecting your company or organization in order to develop dozens of practice interview questions that are directly relevant to your day-to-day life. Our background research also allows us to provide your trainees with more targeted and relevant feedback.
You can learn more about our approach to media training here, see what would be included in your package here, and read what our clients have said about our work here.
Sessions are available at your location or in our New York City or Washington, DC offices.