Crisis Communication Training
Remember when British Petroleum’s exhausted CEO said he would “like his life back” after 11 workers died on his company’s rig?
Or when Toyota recalled eight million cars, but only after stalling for months and watching their stock price plummet?
Or when Congressman Gary Condit, innocent of wrongdoing, refused to speak with the media for months about his lover’s murder, ending his political career?
A stunning number of corporations, nonprofit organizations, and government officials are woefully unprepared for crises. As a result, what should be small bumps in the road too often become major disasters.
When handled well, crises can enhance your reputation. An Oxford University study found that companies that react well to crises actually gain net stock value in the months following a crisis. That’s because the public rewards organizations that respond to crises with competence and punishes those that react poorly.
Through on-camera training, interactive real-time crisis scenarios, and real-life video examples, our Crisis Communications workshop teaches your spokespersons how to:
- Identify the biggest threats facing your organization
- Develop a crisis communications plan
- Understand the true nature of a crisis
- Begin communicating immediately when a crisis hits
- Customize communications to different audiences
- Become a trusted go-to source by the media
- Communicate effectively through the media
- Avoid the common pitfalls that deepen crises
- …and more
Your trainees will receive a detailed Crisis Communications template, intended to help them create a crisis communications plan with ease.
Sessions are available at your location or in our New York City or Washington, DC offices.
Back to top